Monday, May 14, 2007

1st Day of Filming

So a couple people asked me for a little more detailed story about my experience, so here it goes.
The first day I had to be down there at 10:30, so I hopped into my dad's car and drove down to the State Fair Ground in Detroit. We were a little worried about driving down that far, but it didn't overheat and drove well.

So once I was down there I parked with the other 70 extras that had committed their cars for all 5 day of filming. They had me change into my clothes and went into the extras holding area. I started to read 'Bringing down the house' until they started lunch. I looked up from my book and there was no line and some of the people around me had some plates, so I went up to get my food. Well turns out not everyone on the crew had ate yet, so I got a gentle scolding from one of the extra's assistant directors. Oops. Cast and crew go first. But when I did get to eat it was amazing. Chicken stuffed with something is what I had. Ciao did a great job of catering. So at lunch I got to see a bunch of the basketball players, and Andre Benjamin (Andrea 3000 from Outkast).

So after lunch they used a few cars for some street scenes. They kept us away from seeing anything. So I went out to the parking lot and looked at the other old cars. And read some more. My uncle introduced me to Andre Benjamin's stand in. Just a normal guy, but I think he could go places. Very spiritual individual, very interesting. He came over from Africa, I think his wife made his pursue his dreams. If nothing else, it was a fun experience just for the people I met.

I think it was around 8pm when they finally rounded up the cars and had us park in a line up. They selected some sedans and I basically sat around and watched them film a few scenes of cars and pedestrians in front of the "Flint Coliseum".

It was a pretty boring first day, left at 10:30 pm, but basically got paid to read a book.


A few of the cars:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home