Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Money, A whole lot of spending money

"I got my mind set on you

But its gonna take money
A whole lotta spending money
Its gonna take plenty of money
To do it right child"

George Harrison was probably talking about a relationship in this song, but I thought about it while reflecting on how much I've spent over the last month and a half.

Gene Sr. has taught me to be pretty frugal with my money. And especially with living at home I don't have to spend a lot. But when it rains it pours. Starting with my trip to Ann Arbor for St. Patrick's Day, I dropped a couple hundred on bar tabs. Then a car payment. Then I bought a wii for $450 (I know this doesn't count it's for entertainment). Then my dad told me it's my month to pay car insurance, that's another $725. I needed new tires on my car for $850, and it's about time for the next car payment.

I'm just lucky that insurance covered the $3000-4000 on my car. I'm buying side skirts for it to match the new front bumper. But hopefully I can avoid any more major purchases for a little while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home