Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Evolution

My car has come a long way since I bought it last year. Here is a picture of what it started like. I loved the lines on the RX-8, but I always knew that I want to put a body kit on it.


Unfortunately my car was in a bit of an accident. Although it gave me a reason to make the changes to the car that I wanted to.
Below you can see the new Mazdaspeed front end compared to the original. It sits a little lower to the ground and has larger openings giving it a little more aggressive look.
Although with the new front, the middle of the car looked a little off. So I decided I needed to put side skirts on to give a more uniform look. They basically make the car look a lot lower to the ground without having to change the suspension with different shocks and springs or coil overs.
Well I got the side skirts in on Friday. So Saturday I woke, a little hungover, but ready to install them. Online I was reading that they aren't very hard to put on, but to take your time and spend 2 hours per side. Well I had a hell of a time taking off the existing side aero flares that were part of the appearance package. Before I knew it I had been working on them for 6+ hours. And the clips weren't holding them on correctly. There was a gap. My dad went out this morning, bought some different clips and we tried again. I think we got it pretty good this time.
I think I'm satisfied now. Maybe some chrome wheels in the future, but for now I love how she turned out.

1 Comments:

Blogger MJA said...

Looks great! Not much like an X-Wing, though...

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home