Monday, February 06, 2006

Where's the love???

Alright, I didn't take the time this weekend to talk about it at all, so I will now.

In the NBA if you are deemed a great you get a little preferential treatment. Like Shaq not getting called for 3 seconds, or fouling with his off hand. Jordan or Kobe for traveling. Great teams always get the calls at home and less against them on the road. That's just the way it is.

But when are the Pistons going to get any part of this. The entire starting line up could start in the All-Star game. Chauncy is awesome, he can shoot the ball, and when he has an off night, he can get the ball to the people that can get it done. When are people going to start giving him his much deserved respect.

Statistically we are killing everyone in the leage, but the fan polls (which i realize is a biased stat) we are #7. That's because the public and the NBA does not want the Pistons to be good.

Did you all see the game on saturday against the Pacers. If the game wasn't fucking fixed the the refs should lose their jobs. It was the most biased game I've seen in some time. The Refs set the tone early with calling two patty cake fouls on Chauncy in the first 3 minutes. Our team is great and true we should have been able to get along without him, but it didn't end there. There were 8-10 more poor calls against the Pistons or obvious no calls against the Pacers. My mom stated it well, "You know the refs are shitty when I can see it is a foul."

Fuck you very much refs. But we'll have the last laugh

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

I'm sorry, I can't clap to this, G. The Pistons are the best team in the league, no sense in playing the disrespect angle. I'm not sure what fan poll you are mentioning, but it's only natural that fans turn against the best team. I hated the Bulls, I hate Duke, people in Michigan STILL hate the Celtics.

As for the game on Saturday, you're 39-7, I think it's safe to assume that you've had your share of calls.

The Pistons will have their all stars. Three of them, if not more.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Geno said...

For the refs to so openly sway a game in the direction they did is atrocious. I don't know if you saw the game, but any basketball fan that watched should be disgusted; refs are there to make sure the game is played fairly, not control the momentum.

Detroit gets the same calls as any other team. But they definitely don't get more. Our record on the road 18-5 has not been because of refs favoring us, but because of solid team play.

For the last 4 years we've had nothing but disrespect. Finally the commentators have given us some credit.

I'll conceed that there are better individual players, and can't complain too much that the 3+ Piston all stars won't start, but I'm still disappointed. I mean Shaq sucks ass right now. Put in Ben.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home