Sunday, November 06, 2005

Symphony

Last night I went to my first symphony. It was a great time. The theme was ‘From Russia with Love.’ It opened with Mily Balakirev, and then Gershwin’s Concerto in F major, and finished with an amazing song by Rimsky-Korsakov, Scheherazade.

Scheherazade is one of my father’s favorites and was the reason we went. It is a truly beautiful thing how all the instruments in an orchestra come together. It’s hard to say in words how spectacular this song is. You can hear the story of 1001 Nights being told as you listen to the music. I highly recommend that everyone go see a symphony orchestra in person. My first time was an unbelievable experience, and was not my last.

Also I ran into and got to chat with my old high school chemistry teacher Dale Wolfgram. He has not changed a bit, but I guess I have as he did not recognize me with my mustache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home